Newbie question reg. audio interface mode

Olly

Gear owned
Model 16
Hi all! Just got my M.16 last week, and feel a bit overwhelmed tbh. Probably should have gone for the M.12, but got carried away! I'm mostly going to be using the M.16 as a mixer and multi-channel audio interface on my PC, to record mostly synths and drum machines that use a lot of channels simultaneously.

I've successfully got it working as a USB interface, but it doesn't work quite how I imagined. I thought that the faders would affect the input signal, but my DAW takes in the audio at an apparent arbitrary level - and I can't see where to change that.

Other audio interfaces I've used (Scarlett 6i6, Zoom R16, XR18) all had a way of controlling the outgoing/incoming signal, usually with their own bit of PC software.

How do you set the levels of the audio over USB to your DAW? I have read through the manual and watched a bunch of videos, but can't find any more info on it - I may well have missed something really obvious, or perhaps I'm just doing it wrong!!

Any help really appreciated :)

the faders should only work in playback mode. Use the Gain/Trim control for input volume.

Members online