qire

Gear owned
Ihave been a Roland VS user for years and have a chance to get a 2488 (mark 1) for $150, I downloaded the manual, seems simple enough to use. anything you guys wanna share withme before I takethe $150 plunge?

qire said:
Ihave been a Roland VS user for years and have a chance to get a 2488 (mark 1) for $150, I downloaded the manual, seems simple enough to use. anything you guys wanna share withme before I takethe $150 plunge?

For $150 the MK1 is a great machine and it is fast to get to grips with. Personally I prefer it to the NEO as the MK1 has a built in drum machine. The only down side can be the low display brightness, which can be a bit of a strain on the eyes. However, you can fit an HGR module to display it on a VGA PC monitor http://www.hgr2488.co.uk to solve that problem.
Also the back-up to CDR or FAT partition on the disk is pretty slow, but I only do that when a song is finished, so not very often! I've also been trying a DP-24 recently but I can't see any huge benefit over the 2488 and I'm going to stick with my MK1.

hey thanks for the opena nd honest reply. I really do want to get this thing. Mine is an 18 track but roland makes it so hard to learn how to do it an dthe manual for the tascam makes it sound JUST like the old portastudio I used to own. I'll turn it on 1st and see how the display. Thanks alot :)

i had the roland vs1880 for many years .....if you switch to the 2488 you will think you are on your holidays ...so much easier to use than the rolands

New threads

Members online