No more Output

ERDAL

Website
www.erdalkizilcay.com
Gear owned
TASCAM DM 4800
I've just mixed a song, everything was well. But on the next song, output is not working anymore.My gear are. Fireface 800, and Presonus Studio 1824c. Obviously my outputs are Aggregate devices (Mac). Why it is not working?? It has same setup like the others why??? I really start to hate this DM 4800. Sure, it can be Fireface 800 or Aggregate device. But I need to bring out more then 16 stereo. Because I have 3 X Adat slots.Btw, I forgot to say, I've just upgraded to Cubase 11 pro from 10.
I can hear every track even on Adat, but going out on Stereo l-R won't work anymore. I think I'm gonna sell it very soon..

Last edited:
Hi Erdal,

getting no output sucks - but from what you wrote, I'd guess you're into some hardware routing that might have changed within projects.

So here's a quick check list you may want to go through:
1) You mentioned Cubase - so, are we talking about getting signals out of your DAW?
2) If so - look at Cubase's master buss - which output did you choose?
3) If the master buss output in Cubase is a input channel of your IF-FWDM, make sure these channels are set somewhere as Input on your DM.
4) If they appear as inputs, go to their layer and make sure they are routed to the DM's stereo sum. Example: my return channels for everything coming from the PC are Slot1_1 and Slot1_2. On my DM's input screen I've assigned them to channels 47 and 48 of my DM (that's where they appear as Inputs). Now, to hear the output I would press the third button from top of the status layer panel (labeled CH33-48), and select channels 47 /48. On the output assign panel (left of the DM's screen) they must be set to stereo.

I almost bet you'll find a solution at point 3): sometimes one does change settings or use another hardware output. Crossing my fingers, though ;-)

Maybe exactly post your signal chain (the way it is supposed to be); it's highly likely there's just a wrong assignment on behalf of Cubase or the DM.

best regards
snafu

New threads

Members online

No members online now.