No output Channels 1-8

Rick Ruskin

Gear owned
MX2424, 2600-32
No output on channels 1-8. All other channels fine. The audio in/out
board was totally recapped about a year ago but I did not test the
machine after I got it back.
All interior connection are fine but there is a row of status LED's on the mainboard
labeled "XIL DeBug." The one in the middle (designated D21 or D22 -
hard to tell) is red while all others are green. Anyone here know
what this means?

All inputs are set to analog. My unit has ADAT in/out and I recall the ADAT out being active all the time.

I'm thinking that the red status light is pointing to the problem but have no clue as to what it's trying to tell me.

Been a long time since I have seen inside while it's running, don't be surprised if it's aways red? I am wondering if there is damage to the connectors or cable, maybe pull it off and check the pins.

Alan

A few more clues: Channels 3 & 7 are working properly. All others are
silent. Analog signal goes in but no audio out. The ADAT in/out works
fine and the incoming analog signal sounds fine when listening through
another ADAT interface device. Even though the battery was changed, no
settings get saved. I must re-enter my setup every time I boot the unit
up. Would a power supply problem be causing any or all of these symptoms?

RR

If the adat cards is working I would check the caps on the output side of analog card, maybe blown, usually through the connection to a mixer channel with phantom power on, or the caps are just old or even bad solder joints.

If the MX is not booting it is probably due to a flat battery on the mother board, just like you have on a normal computer to keep the settings alive when turned off.

The main power supply sounds OK to me.
Alan

All caps were replaced because of the distorted output on the 6 non-working channels. Now the same channels have no output at all. Battery was replaced at the same time. There has to be something else going on.

The entire board was re-capped. It'd doubtful that just the same 6 faulty channels would be bad if a that work wasn't done properly.

Sorry I thought it was 6 different channels.

Now it's a real puzzle, I have already mentioned my usual check list. All I can think of is that there may bad / dry solder joints cracked tracking where the D-sub socket is soldered to the board. Long Shot.

Alan.

New threads

Members online