No sound from DP-008

Patrick Coleff

Gear owned
DP-008
Hi all,

I recently purchased a used DP-008. Unfortunately, I am not getting any sound out of it, nor am I able to get any sound *into* it. I feel like I am doing something basic wrong, but I am not sure what. Here's what I have done:
For output:

* "Master Level" is all the way up to max. I have put the metronome on. I see levels in the L/R fields on the far right of the LCD. So it thinks it is outputting sound. But when I either plug in headphones (volume on back knob set to 10), or plug in speakers to the line out, nothing comes out.

For input:

* I set "Input Settings" to internal mic for both Input A and B. Arm them for recording. Set the input trim to Max for both. Nothing appears in the monitors. I've also tried inputting both an electric guitar with the switch on "guitar" and a mic with the switch on "line/mic" and still no levels at all.

Before I e-mail the person I bought it from and try to return it, is there something basic I am missing here? I feel like this almost has to be a user error, but I am not sure what.
Thanks!

Just a few thoughts: have you tried a few different sets of headphones and/or plugging the monitor speakers into the phones input (instead of the line out)? When you try to record electric guitar, are you remembering to change the input type to 'external'? The metronome is really quiet even when turned right up - have you made sure it's up at 100 on the metronome screen?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.