Non-working DP24SD -- worth keeping?

Curtis Fisher

Gear owned
Tascam Dp-24
As the title says, I've got an old DP24SD (old model with CD burner) in a non working condition. It had an unknown error a few years back relating to the mainboard so I purchased a new one to replace it (SD only model, no CD burner as that model is not in production.)

I've scavenged the rotary knobs and fader plastics for other projects, but would you guys think the unit would be worth keeping for other things inside the unit? Unsure if the parts inside the two different models are interchangeable if something needs replacing. I'm about to toss it so if anyone has any ideas for other parts worth keeping off of it feel free to reply.

My personal karma for getting replies to legit questions has been terrible my whole life, so I wouldn't be upset if other threads about how to turn on the unit or how to slide a fader up and down got more replies. Cheers!

Last edited:
If the replacement is the exact same model - keep the old one.

It is not the same model. The model with the CD burner is no longer in production. I feel like I am just beating a dead horse with this thread, so in the trash it goes.

I would put it up for sale for parts. The older versions with MIDI are (IMO) more valuable. I have a DP-32 with MIDI/CD.

Thank you for your relevant response, mjk. This is what I was looking for, not for a generic yes or no answer with no explanation. Cheers.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.