Oddity with stop button

Randy Turner

Gear owned
2488neo, dp24sd, dp01
I was hoping this would go away with the new OS update, but no. For several weeks now I've had a "funny" with the Stop button. Perhaps one out of ten times I press Stop while recording, there's about a second delay and the DP24SD starts playing (just playing and no longer recording). I know that if I press Play while recording it'll continue playing without recording, but this is completely different.

Anyone see this oddity? I sure was hoping that the 1.06 would resolve it...

Reactions: -mjk-
I do not work on DP item but there have been cassette decks that have had noisy tact switches that confuse the interpreter and cause other function to result. In the deck that this happen in I changed out a bunch of tact switches and they improved the key signal such that the malfunction was gone. Does your unit use Tactile switches? They can do strange things when dirty on a multiplexed key system. Just a thing to consider.

Reactions: Caveman
My guess would be yes sam. Without opening my dp up it has that feel like a 414 button. Kind of surprised tascam wouldn't go monolithic route to save $ but a tactile switch can be replaced or cleaned which is better than a shot board :)

Thanks skywave and caveman... You're probably on the money with the tactile switch. Sure is transient / intermittent - like something dirty.

Any suggestions on cleaning this? Pulling the DP24SD apart might not give me access to the switch areas. Can quality pot cleaner be sprayed into this area?

Dandy - that's now on my to-do list. thnx -

New threads

Members online

No members online now.