Operating software for mac book pro. OS lion 10.7.5

TimJenn57

From
Myrtle Beach, South carolina
Gear owned
MX2424 M2600
Hi All
I need some help here. I have not used my MX-2424 since 2000 or 2001
Used it only on 3 recordings. I used my PC back then.
Now I have a use for it. I have 2 of them. I tried downloading from Tascam the software for Mac.
The laptop I am using now:
Mac Book Pro 17-inch Late 2011
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)
Will this laptop work these machines or do I need to fire up the old PC?
Your input will be valued, thank you for your time.
Tim

I have never used a MAC for running the MX view, but here is what I have found with windows, If you try to install the software and windows says it is not compatible with the windows version, remembering it was written for win98 and win2000, just drag the Tascam folder (that contains the MX view software) into the program folder section of the computer drive. The software will open and run without being installed. I am running this on XP Pro (which told me it was not compatible) and I have seen it running on vista. Could try this on a MAC.

Alan.

Alan.

Hi,

Any luck using the software on the Mac under an OSX?

I'm going to try it tonight...

Cheers

Hi Alan
I am sorry it took this long to post a reply.
I got side tracked on video work.
I plan on a recording the 30th of June. We will see how things go.
I still can not use the software, Mac shows it will not open it on my laptop. So I will be using the front panel controls to capture the live band and transfer later for post work.
Summer is here in Myrtle beach SC. Hot and Humid.
Have a great day
Tim

I will have a chat to the mac heads here in my day job, we use macs in the work place but my studio is all PC, the mac guys may know why it won't open or if it's just too old to work.

Alan.

Ok, the MX view will not run in the new MAC operating system due to new intel architecture not being compatible.

The work around is to use virtual box (free) and install a version of windows, XP being my choice.

The other work around is to find an old laptop with windows anything on it, and using that as the viewing software for the MX, It does not have to be fast or have much memory as the MX view software does not use much power at all, remember it was designed for windows 98. In fact I have MX view running on a little 10" notebook with 1 gig of ram and XP.

You can also network the windows machine to a mac for file transfers.

Alan.

Great info.

I dug out my rackmount Windows PC and am running the MXView under W2K Pro.

It is working like a charm, and am using a USB stick to transfer to my Mac, as it is MUCH faster than through the network.

Still love the sound of the MX2424.

windows 2000 is my favorite windows, I still have a 2000 machine in the studio that works like a charm, never crashed, I only upgraded as I can't get drivers for some of my newer gear and software.

Alan

New threads

Members online