Outputs sometimes don't work on DM3200

Vignale

From
Holland
Gear owned
DM3200 MU1000 IF-FWDMmkII
Hi All ;-)

Lately I have some problems with the outputs of my DM: the monitor outputs (and headphone outs!) don't give a signal out, but at the moment the xlr outs work (but in mono!) (ch17 nothing/ch18 signal and the stereo output leds both working)
Some days, everything is normal again, but it seems to happen more often lately.....

Could this be a bad firewire-cable (tho it's less than a year old)
Or could it be the FW-card?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Chris.

I would connect a stereo source to 2 actual channels to rule out the FireWire altogether. Seems strange that an output problem on the mixer would be caused by an extension card like the IF-FW..

Hi Arjan, Thanks for your reply ;-)

I did that: 2 inputs show that they both come into the board (also the leds on the meter bridge show that)
So does that mean the FW card and cable is not the problem?

This morning when I switched on the DM, the stereo outs worked normal (together with the headphone outs!) but the XLR outs don't........; no signal out at all
Confused....... so I still suspect the FW-card or FW-cable (?)

Update; after shutting down my studio (didn't do anything, exept for listening audio) this morning, I fired up everything after about 3 hours and now everything works like supposed to!

So this is unreliable to work with, especially I get some guys here tomorrow to make some mixes and mastering for recordings I did with them last week......

Any tips are surely welcome!

Could it be related to humidity? Maybe bad contacts inside the mixer, between PCB connectors or something. I would suspect mixer hardware more than the IF-FW card..

One thing you could do is start the mixer Diagnostics mode: With the mixer powered down, hold the Shift button together with the buttons 1 and 2 under Output Assign, then power up the mixer. Now you see the Diagnostics menu, from where you can do several mixer tests. I would suggest doing this a number of times: when the problem is there and also when the problem is not there.. The SRAM Init functions (top and bottom of the list) are factory reset functions: Enter them both to do a factory reset.

Wow Arjan; that could be a very handy tip! Thanks a lot!
I'll check that latere and report (today everything was fine again)

New threads

Members online