Performance meter flikkering Cubase with firewire card DM4800

Rolof Tilanus

Gear owned
DM4800 +FW (MKII)
Hi all,
I have a strange behavior of the performance meter in Cubase when I use my DM4800 with the FW card.
My performance meter (CPU load) in Cubase is constantly going up and down between 15 and 20%. Even is cubase doing nothing... Not that I see any negative issues or that it seems to have influence on the actual performance. But I'mcurious why this happens and if I can do something about is.
Running a Mac Pro, 12 core, 128Gb, Monterey 12.4, Cubase 12.
Thanks

Hi Good Noise,

I'm using Tascams own Firewire card that belongs to the DM3200/4800. The latest driver from Tascam is working fine. No audio issues. It was immediately recognized in Monterey. The only strange thing I see is this 'Load meter' in Cubase. But even if I start a song with several virtual instruments I don't see a difference (load becomming higher) so maybe it's just a graphical issue.

By "latest driver" I assume you mean ver 1.22? Not working for me but it's a comfort to know that it works for you. It tells me I'm not playing around in vain lol

As a Cubase 12 user, I noticed this also. I disabled C states in the bios and it when away. You may also be aware that Cubase 12 has some general CPU performance issues. It could be this also.

New threads

Staff online

Members online