Phones Level (only left side)

Guitarbin

Gear owned
Tascam DM-3200
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure why I'm only getting sound in my left headphones and nothing in the right side. I've tried 3 pairs of headphones and the same thing. I also tried the 3 headphones elsewhere and they work fine. Please advise.

Thank you
Bruno

Are you using a 3.5mm adapter?

Headphones on the DM-3200 are connected to the Control Room (or monitor) outputs. And there are two next to each other.
1. Do you have the same result from the other headphone socket?
2. Do you have normal output from the Monitor outputs L and R on the back of the mixer?
3. What did you select as source (four buttons to the right of the stereo meter) and does it really have output to L and R? A good test is to select the top button ('stereo') since that one is hardwired to the stereo output of the mixer.

Headphones on the DM-3200 are connected to the Control Room (or monitor) outputs. And there are two next to each other.
1. Do you have the same result from the other headphone socket?
2. Do you have normal output from the Monitor outputs L and R on the back of the mixer?
3. What did you select as source (four buttons to the right of the stereo meter) and does it really have output to L and R? A good test is to select the top button ('stereo') since that one is hardwired to the stereo output of the mixer.

Hi Arjan,
1- Yes from both phones sockets
2-yes the monitors are both working properly
3-I selected Sel source the second everything is fine out of the monitors so it should be routed fine.
Thanks
Guitatbin

Hi Arjan,
1- Yes from both phones sockets
2-yes the monitors are both working properly
3-I selected Sel source the second everything is fine out of the monitors so it should be routed fine.
Thanks
Guitatbin

Then, it would seem that the only common denominator is the adaptor.

Reactions: Peter Batah
I’ve tried 6 adapters and found one that when you apply pressure on the adapter both sides work, but as soon as I let go i lose the signal on the right side. Could it be the inside jack of the console is too opened?

Reactions: Arjan P and -mjk-
@Guitarbin who knows?

As @Arjan P pointed out, there are 2 headphone jacks. If you experience the same issues with both jacks, that significantly reduces the probability that there is something wrong with both jacks.

In the other forums we get reports of all kinds of monitoring issues that ultimately come down to an issue with an adaptor. In general, interfacing anything is a common failure point.

6.5mm to 3.5mm adaptors are the Achilles Heel of professional headphone monitoring. They often do bad things like collapse stereo into mono, cause polarity changes, (largely because the manufacturer has no control over the wiring configuration of what we plug into it) or go intermittent. Unless you absolutely have to have an adaptor, I would cut the 3.5mm plug off the headphone lead and solder a 6.5mm/1/4" TRS phone plug on it and get back to business.

Reactions: Arjan P
@Guitarbin I am curious. Are there no other audio devices that you can test both your phones and adapters in. That would be the next step if it were we. Unless I have missed something.

New threads

Members online