Plug in power dr44-wl

Morten

The specifications on the dr44-wl says that it has plug in power, but for some reason I can't get any signal from my new microphones that require plug in power.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

If it works like the dr22-wl, whenever you plug in the microphone a pop-up should ask you whether you want plug-in power.

Make sure you're not using a cell phone microphone. Those are designed for TRRS connections (tip-ring-ring-sleeve, the additional ring accomodating a headset with both stereo speakers and mono microphone), but the Tascam recorders are designed for TRS connections (stereo microphone).

The dr44-wl has XLR connections. If it is anything like the DR-100 MkII that I have, you need to go into the menus to set phantom power on.

Morten, we have to be sure we're talking about the same thing.

"Plug-in power" is 5 volts supplied through 3.5mm TRS connectors to video microphones designed to ride on a DSLR.

"Phantom power" is 24 or 48 volts supplied through XLR (or 1/4 TRS) connectors designed for more professional condenser microphones.

Arjan, you're right the Dr44-wl has only XLR (1/4TRS) connectors and therefore has only phantom power capability. I didn't realize until checking that the 44-wl does not have a 3.5mm TRS input.

It has a hard 3-position switch on the right side to switch from LINE to MIC to MIC+PHANTOM. When set to MIC+PHANTOM and a microphone is connected, a pop-up "Phantom On-Are You Sure?" appears.

So, Morten, is everything properly engaged? Do you have the switch set to MIC+PHANTOM and does the pop-up appear?

Right, I must have been confused with another device; the DR-100 MkII also has a phantom power switch on the back! But anyway, let's hear from Morten first..

New threads

Members online

No members online now.