Porta Two belts

Urbanized

Gear owned
Tascam Porta Two
Hi folks,

I bought a Porta Two recently, but the belts need to be replaced. Does anyone know what brand/type/size it is, and where to buy them for a fair price. Did a Google search, but sellers ask ridiculous prices.

P S. How much belts does the recorder contain?

Regards,

Urbanized

Basically I measure what is in there and determine the stretch amount and then select one that is going to work but I stock a lot of belt being a service shop. If you use the string method of measuring the path and reduce that by 6% the belt can be ordered from Consolidated Electronics for very reasonable price. https://www.ceitron.com/passive/belt.html
All you need do is determine the ID and the belt thickness and then order that belt.

Thank you for your answer.

How should I measure the string? Should I cut it and measure the length? But if I measure it, isn't there a chance it will stretch and the calculation will be wrong?

Do you have the Porta Two? If yes, what are the measurements?

You are measuring the path the belt must take and then subtract 6%. It is very easy to do this. In my shop I just try a belt or two until I get the right one but some deck are known to have a certain sized belt from experience. I just finished two 488 Mk II but have not had a Porta 2 for some time here.

Hi Sky,

I bought the belts in Portugal for a good price at once. It's working now.

Thank you for your support!

Another question:

Is it normal the motor is spinning while the power button is off? It only quit spinning when I cut the electricity. And the record led keeps on blinking while it's not in record mode.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.