Portastudio-05 Need Help with repair

Brian Cretty

Gear owned
Portastudio-05
HI everyone,
This is my first post on the forum. I recently acquired a Portastudio-05 that needs repaired. So far I've cleaned it out entirely and replaced all of the belts. Everything seems to be working correctly except the rewind button and fast forward only work when I hold the buttons down. They will not stay engaged. I was informed that the white plastic ruler under the flywheel holding all the button functions may need to be cleaned or replaced. After further research and acquiring a copy of the schematics it appears to be part of the button lever assembly (Part No. 5800983200). Does anyone know where I can purchase this part? I'm having trouble finding it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Brian

I fix these all the time without changing that part- I don't even remember ever changing on but I have taken a lot of them off.

Thank you for the response. Is there anything else I should consider causing the rewind and fast forward to not stay engaged? Every thing else seems to be working flawlessly.

I have had unit where the grease used in the reel drive block solidified so that the gear could not move. This then stopped the reels from turning and then the auto stop kicked in. I had to take the reel black apart to find this stuck grease and then cleaning and use of Lubriplate 105 restored the deck to working condition. Some people think that because a deck fast winds or plays a tape that all of it is OK but they are two separate system working together or in some cases at separate times. When working on a deck of any kind all parts of it have to be addressed- that is why when I get customers that tell me it only needs a belt- they are telling me they don't want the whole job done and I say well go change the belt. Technicians are NOT going to just change a belt as it never works long doing that.

New threads

Members online