Portastudio 464 issue

Alexis MATTON

Gear owned
Potastudio 464
Hi everyone. I have a weird issue with my Tascam portasudio 464 since i have changed the capstan belt. When i plug a jack cable or push the buttons i hear some noises and the audio signal turn off. It seems like a ground problem. Is someone know what is the source of the issue ? Thanks a lot.

Here is video that demonstrate the problem.

https://www.facebook.com/alexis.matton/videos/10219753615164651/

I watched the video a couple of times and can not see what is really going on as a tape in in playing and input jacks are plugged into but multiple channels are moving on the meters. This really tells me nothing. Could be bad connections. A ground problem doe snot do this kind of thing but I am not sure what is really happening in this video anyway. You need to be doing one thing at a time not have tape playing and plugging input which are two different things.

Hello, thanks a lot for the reply and sorry for the bad video. I have shot a new one. I hope it will help you to understand my issue with my Portastudio : when i push the front panel or plug a jack cable there is a noisy sound.

Have a nice day.

I finally found what was the problem. Some soldering between the sync input/output socket and the PCB was a little broken, so i fixed it and now everything works perfectly.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.