Portastudio TASCAM 644 capstan belt and knobs

Binarioman

Gear owned
TASCAM Midistudio 644
Hi,
Can anyone tell me the diameter and height of the capstan belt for 644? Mine is evaporated. I found a replacement in Ebay (USA) but shipping for that part is too expensive for me (south america) Maybe I can order it from Aliexpress or another store in my country.
I want to replace too the rotary knobs. Any link to share, please?

Thanks in advance!

The only place you get the rotary knobs is from off another unit and most likely the same model. If you mean the Pots themselves well that will be even more difficult to find- we just clean then with Deoxit d5.
Belts can be measured with a string and then subtract 5-6%. Order a belt that is like the one that is one the deck- even melted you can determine the thickness- probably .031" the width depend of the motor pulley width. Places like Consolidated Electronics is are not so much in SA all the time so you might have to get the part from Europe or USA. I did not catalog what belts go in what machines as I just put in an appropriate belt from the ones I have bought over time, Some are 8" and some are larger. See what the string measurement says.

Thanks for the info about the belt (5-6%). I ordered it from Aliexpress. Folded 9.5 mm and 5mm of height.
I will search for similar knobs. Mine are melted.

I guess some rubberized knobs do not hold up well under some conditions. I have a hard time keeping rubber bands in my shop over time as they all seem to harden and then crack. Maybe it is the chemicals I am using. Ali express may have some knobs you can use but when I look for D types knobs it becomes hard as the orientation of the knobs are all different than what I need. I then end up with a regular know with lock nut or screw.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.