Possible SCSI solution

Hi. I have been using RaSCSI with samplers and Mac but since it is SCSI v1 I don’t know if it would be fast enough to record dozens of tracks at the same time on an MX2424. I might give it a try, will need to get a 68 pin to 50 pin cable first. It might be a good way to dump backup sessions.

Reactions: Caveman
I can confirm RaSCSI works as a place to backup songs but not as a media for direct recording. You would still use the internal hard drive for that.

Reactions: Caveman
The latest micro & SD cards are 170MB/s read, 90MB/s write upwards to 300MB/s read, 260MB/s write. 4K UHD to UHS-II video speed class.

https://www.kingston.com/unitedkingdom/en/blog/personal-storage/microsd-sd-memory-card-guide#:~:text=MicroSD cards are the smaller,that only support SD cards.

So we are still waiting for a SCSI to SD card bridge adapter which works at the Arcard SCSI adapter LVD SCSI 160mb/s speeds c/w 68pin connectors that the MX2424 uses, which is double the MX2424 data speed.

The new ZuluSCSI SD card adapter c/w 50pin connectors runs at lower speeds 10 MB/s SCSI read and write.

So the new micro / SD cards are perhaps capable of being used with a fast enough SCSI to micro / SD card adapter?

The Tascam DP32SD can record 8 tracks with 32 tracks playback @ 24 bits on SD cards.

Tascam Model 24 Mixer does do 24 tracks recording onto SD cards. So in theory a micro / SD SCSI bridge adapter could work at the MX2424 disk speeds required.

Last edited:

New threads

Staff online

Members online