Powered speakers for a Tascam DP03-SD (thank you, Sweetwater!)

Does Bax ship outside of the EU? This is good information.
I'm not sure - the previous link I used was for the Dutch webshop, and that has no language options to start with, so I doubt it. But they do have a UK webshop as well, you might find out whether they ship internationally: https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/

Reactions: ButchA and -mjk-
Thanks!

Reactions: ButchA
@shredd

Not a problem! That's the thing that is really cool with Tascam products or .wav files or whatever. They all easily upload & download perfectly fine without any problems at all. Anyone, anywhere, internationally, can record something, and share it. Others with a small Tascam 8 track or a 24 track, can import track(s) straight into their own unit without any trouble!

Together, we can make things happen! :)

Reactions: BazzBass
... The powered speakers I mentioned earlier are fantastic and work well with the DP-03SD, but the bass isn't as pronounced as it should sound. Then again, that's to be expected from 3" stereo speakers, 1" tweeters, and NO subwoofer.
I had a set of powered satellite desktop computer speakers, real small things. They had no bass at all. Then someone gave me the subwoofer that was supposed to be included with them but wasn't when I picked them up. Man! Once that was hooked into the chain it was like a 100W stereo - sounded as good as my car's Bose system.

Once I got some real monitors, that PC speaker system went into the closet.

Reactions: -mjk- and ButchA
@spantini - I've also used a computer-intended powered speaker set w/subwoofer for various studio/sound applications - sometimes with great success.
When I was first getting into this, I monitored my "studio" (Fostex MR-8) with a terrific JBL pair w/subwoofer, and frankly, it sounded great.
To this day, I use the JBL's as the speakers to my work computer, which I listen to music on all day...and also for test-listening my studio mixes, since most of the 3 people who listen to my studio efforts won't have a real stereo or monitors - they listen on their computer, phone, whatever.
I also have a set to use when on the couch with a drum machine, or tuning in my GNX, or...
I use them a lot, since I have Pete-Townsend-grade tinnitus and I have to keep my headphone use to an absolute minimum (which I reserve for tracking in studio).
Bottom line: IMHO - even decent quality powered speakers for computers are worthless w/o a sub.
So they DEFinitely have their uses, especially if they're a decent set. My old JBL set sounds great!

Last edited:
Reactions: ButchA

New threads

Members online

No members online now.