Pre-sales UH-7000 Driver Development

Musicroom

Are updated drivers being developed for the UH-7000?

I've discussed higher than I prefer latency issues with current owners and while they really like their interfaces, they bemoan latency issues. Should I learn this is an issue being addressed by Tascam, then I buying one.

Anyone know??

(Sonar/PC user)

Honestly?
I think it's embarrassing. This is a very high spec'ed, great sounding interface. But:

THE DRIVERS HAVE NOT BEEEN UPDATED FOR OVER A YEAR???!!!!

I don't expect the level of support RME offers, but seriously, this is not how it is played if you want your product to get the "Pro"-Label.
Latencies are still too high, efficiency of the driver sub par.

But I still hope one day they will get new drivers out...

Maybe the problem is how you are monitoring the signal. Did it come with an ASIO driver? If so then latency would also depend on your computer speed, setup and buffer setting. Monitoring a signal through a DAW will always introduce latency. Is it possible to monitor your mix while tracking using the headphone jack on the UH-7000 so there is zero latency?

Thank you for the response!
The included ASIO driver works OK, but you are not able to set the buffer manually (like 32, 64, 128,... Samples). Instead it's labelled as "Normal, Low, Very Low". Even at very low Settings it's too much Latency for Guitar Amp Simulations or percussive VSTis.
Tracking via Direct Monitoring is fine, but an Interface should provide low enough latencies for the mentioned tasks.
My Computer is well configured for Audio, but the driver does'nt even let me try to get the buffer setting lower.
Right now I'm using it as my main DA for my RME Fireface UFX via AES, which works great. I like the tight sound. But I think on it's own it's unusable for professional ITB Composers.

Maybe our resident Tascam Engineer RedBus would be able comment on this issue as well as any info on future firmeware/driver development.

I'm happy this thread is getting some traction. Thank you cmaffia and Fishmac for chiming in here. I also want to use this interface as Fishmac is mentioning (amp aims/VSTis). I really want to buy this interface soon, but from what I understand I would need to keep my current interface for round trip latency tasks and I don't really want to operate like that. I've been watching for driver updates for months as I'm sure many others are as well. I'm very hopeful driver updates are assigned to someone and it's being worked on...

Hi,
Excuse my bad english. I purchased a UH-7000. The PC is windows 8.1 with I7 and 6 gigas.
When i, simply listen music, i get "craquement" . All times !!
I tried all the possibility of latency but "ça craque ".
An idea ?

Thans a lot

New threads

Members online