Pre-sets

TOM GRINHAM

Gear owned
DP-008EX
I'm new to recording and using pre-sets. There are options for guitar, vocals and others but I don't see one for keyboards. Does anyone know what the best pre-set for that would be? Thanks

Thank you so much for the reply. I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. This is a great link for someone new to recording. I love that they include some tips on reverb and panning as well.
Thanks again I really appreciate it!

Tom

Reactions: spantini
I'm glad you find it useful.

Note: The link opens to Page 2 of the article, so don't forget to check out Page 1 - good stuff there.

Yes I noticed that. It's all very helpful. There's also a link to another article called 'Adding reverb to vocals, best practices' which is interesting as well. Thanks again spantini!
Tom

The DP-008EX presets are for compression. Many (MIDI) keyboard parts probably need little if any further compression - unless you're going for a specific sound or feel. Here's a link with a short section on EQ for keys with several specific settings for your compression.

https://www.audiorecording.me/how-to-mix-piano-keyboard-panning-eq-and-compression-techniques.html/2
Very good site. Thank you for posting.
Re keyboards: Given the wide dynamic range of a Hammond (clone) I use in parallel with strings and other synthesizers, I mostly have to contend the overwhelming organ track with compression; latest during mixdown, if not already just after input.

New threads

Members online