Presentation

Joël Bonafin

Gear owned
dm4800
Hello to all,
I am Joël, musician, private music teacher and self-taught sound engineer.
I am 55 years old and live only from music (or almost) since I was 25 years old.
It was listening to mike Oldfied's album Tubular Bells and the story of its recording that the concept of the home studio became the backbone of my life
I've been playing music for over 40 years. I played as a bassist and guitarist for over 20 years.
Today I am posed and I pass on my little knowledge to my 30 students each year.
I continue to compose and record but, mainly when I can make the arrangements or my own compositions.
I worked with a lot of material, ranging from the atari and the 6 track tape recorder....
I like live music where the message takes precedence over technique. I mainly play Blues in groups but not only. I hate playing covers.
Indeed, I find that playing covers after a certain age is pathetic. But it's a very personal vision and everyone is free to play whatever they like.
I love all styles of music from song-to-text to hardcore. But I love black American music. And of course film music.
In terms of sound technique, I also favor the musicality of the artist to record. I take a lot of time to understand the message that the artist wants to deliver.
I like the simplicity that promotes the overall sound of a work rather than that which aims to make each instrument sound very precise.
I listen to music and not the sound of music.
I have a DM4800 for 15 years and apart from its converters which lacks a bit of air, I always find it very above the competition. Very easy to access and above all very reliable. I have always worked with cubase. I mix in the box. I'm here because I'm having trouble with her. But also to answer your questions if I can.
I wish you an excellent day.
Joel, Allias Joe, alias Reverend John :)

New threads

Members online