Problem w Channels and M/L and Output to DAW

Anselm Morton

Gear owned
Tascam DM-24
Hello,

I recently decided to replace my DM-24 because the screen was unreadable - completely obliterated with lines.

Unfortunately, the replacement DM-24 that I purchased off of Ebay appears to have problems. I am just not sure if it really is broken, or if there is some setting that I am overlooking. One problem is that when I attempt to use the Mic/Line inputs, the channel for the input is completely non-functional. The fader has no effect on the signal, nor does the mute button, so that the only control is the pot. Needless to say, this is unacceptable.

Also, I am using TDIF connections to a MOTU 2408 mk3 interface. I can receive audio from the computer into the board, but when I try to use my DAW, there is no signal from the mixer within the DAW. This is the case for both the M/L and the TDIF signal sources.

I did a factory reset for the board, and these problems persist. This tells me that the board is probably broken. Anyone have any ideas of something I could try?

I am thinking of switching out the screens between my two boards (the screen on the replacement board is pristine), or just try to fix the replacement board - not sure which one would be easier.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers

New threads

Members online

No members online now.