Problem with tascam dr-40 ( line/out) + headphone

aron rehavia

Gear owned
tascam dr-40
sorry my english , but I think just here I get an answer to my problem. I have a Tascam DR -40. After I connected a simple adapter on it , to divide the output (LINE / OUT ) and use two headphones at the same time , it seems that something has changed on the recorder. When using a phone ( without adapter) that has 3-way on the plug , it does not separate the sound of channels , all sounds come from both sides, unless I press that button that has the headset, which is normally used for pause or answer a call on a cell . If I use a simple headset, 2-way on the plug , it works perfectly . However before I connect this adapter to split , all phones worked corretamente.Ja reseted the configurations and already updated the drivrer , but did not work . I hope someone can help me , thank you !034272.jpg 034272.jpg 821001-MLB20252795275_022015-Y.jpg ADAP.jpg

Hello Aron,
a '3-way'-connector, like in the top picture you posted, will not work with the DR-40 and will most likely create a short circuit. The DR-40 LINE OUT/PHONES OUT is a stereo output only.
However, a Y-adaptor like the one in your bottom picture should work ok for connecting two pairs of headphones.
V

New threads

Members online

No members online now.