Problems with the US-16x08

billythepilgrim

Gear owned
TASCAM US-16x08
Hey everyone,

I just bought a US-16x08, and I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out why I'm unable to multitrack with it in any DAW I try to use. The drivers are all up to date and my system has been optimized, but for whatever reason I can only record one track in stereo (L+R) or two tracks (one L one R). It does not allow me to select different mics for multiple tracks. I had a buddy come over who hooked the interface up to his Mac, and it worked perfectly. He was able to assign a different mic to seven different tracks without a problem. What gives?

I bought the unit from Sweetwater, so I'll be calling tech support on Monday to try and resolve this. Do any of you have any idea what the problem might be in the meantime?

Thanks!
billythepilgrim

I can only speak from my experience, I own a 16x08 and use it in Reaper. You mentioned ANY DAW so perhaps you tried this one. To set it up in Reaper, choose Options, then Preferences, then Device. Make sure wen you enable the inputs, you choose first - channel 1, and Last - channel 16 otherwise it only selects one input.upload_2015-10-4_19-38-16.png

Then when you add a track, there is a box at the bottom of the track (labled "Left" in my picture). Hit the down arrow and then select the input you want to use for that track 1 - 16. Otherwise, they default to channel 1.
upload_2015-10-4_19-42-27.png

Hope that helps and maybe of some use in other daws as well.

Reactions: Chris108 and Faja
Joel,

Thanks so much for this post! That was the missing link. I have a 16x08 + Reaper + Windows 10. I couldn't figure out how to select 16x08 inputs to the Reaper tracks. I didn't see that track assignment pull down menu because the track window was compressed. I dragged it wider and voila: track assignments. Really appreciate it. Now I can use this thing rather than just stare at it.

Shiva

t least To Joel or Faja or anyone who happens who owns/uses a US16x08 or is at familar with them.
Mine works well enough except, to date I'll be damned if I can get it to send or recieve midi signals to or from Reaper via to other midi units.
I am trying to simply get it to read and except midi clock out of from Reaper to Tascam Midi in and Tascam midi out to midi in on a Alesis SR16 or a SR18 it should be a simple thing but it's not happening for me the machine just stares back blackly at me and does nothing.

I have an old Mbox 3 interface and there are no issues it happily recieves and sends messages from reaper with out issue.
The Tascam I have tried with both older versions and newer version of reaper and tried on two seperate computers one win 7 the other win 8.1. but the delightful 16x08 not want coperate, all else on the unit works on it other than it's midi facilities.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.