Pulling My Hair Out Over Tascam 12 Audio

mossimo654

Gear owned
Model 12
Hello,

I’ve read the manual and watched a bunch of videos and looked through these forums and can’t figure out the answer to this.

Right now I’m trying to use my model 12 as an interface. It’s plugged into my pc via usb. Whenever I play audio out of my pc I see the little digital faders on the screen start going for tracks 1 and 2… but no audio comes out of the headphones. No matter what I try.

I’ve set it up in Ableton and am able to record audio through all 10 channels but I can’t hear any playback. What am I doing wrong?

edit: was just able to get some audio by soloing tracks 1 and 2 on the tascam. Is that what I need to do in order to use this as an interface? That makes no sense. Additionally, if I was listening to Spotify but then open up ableton, why does the audio from Spotify stop?

I hate to be the one to say this, but this sounds like classic routing/settings issue/s. I say so only because I have had these kind of problems so many times it's embarrassing.

But I'm stewpyd...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Not sure I have your answer...but it's probably in that neighborhood somewhere. Sorry I don't have a specific answer for you...

Good luck -

Yeah I’m sure it is lol. I just need to know what!

I am part of the stewpid club for sure.

I just need to know what!
I'd LOVE to be able to tell you "it's probably X or Y", and have everyone marvel at how smart I am.
But that's about as likely to happen as a politician developing sincerity, honesty, and integrity.:rolleyes:

I just know that I've had your exact same prob so many times I can't count 'em...and EVERY TIME it turned out to be one of "those" things - send's turned down/off; signal routed to subs instead of mains, or vice-versa; an incorrect assignment of track to channel or output...shoot, I've even spent 20 minutes trying to locate my signal, only to discover I'd had something's "MUTE" button on.:oops:

Stewpyd is as stewpyd does. Right Forrest??? :p (he's my studio engineer, 'cuz between the two of us, he's the SMART one...)

Reactions: -mjk-
I always check (live-pc-mtr) switch or (afl/pfl) switches or master and channel volumes or solo switch ?

Reactions: Stew71

New threads

Members online

No members online now.