QUESTION FOR: Redbus or Muziekschuur

Again I believe we have answered your questions correctly. I would call Tascam directly if you need further confirmation.

I already tried to contact Tascam...if anyone else who had an SX-1 and switched over to the X48 can help, please chime in here...unless my thread is being shut down for some reason, I'm hoping that someone with actual experience with this or who actually knows the answer will reply...

Wolf, if you want to see if the X48will open the .bu files, you can mail me a CD with a bu track, and I could attempt to open it with my X48. If you choose to try that, I would suggest you try to copy the disc, and not send the original, in case it is lost/mangled in the mail. If you could post the file to a "Large File Transfer" service such as: www.wetransfer.com, that would probably be the best way to do this. Let me know.

thanks for the offer gilcharron, but I've decided to purchase another SX...it's the best option for me at the moment...

an version of logic on a mac laptop would work. Loads of people use logic. And an old logic 5 version for windows even works on w10.

if you decide to grab a mx2424, make sure you adress the powersupply. And the machine can be modified to work with data discs.

what do you mean by addressing the power supply? does it burn out like on the SX? and speaking of power supplies, does anyone have a replacement for the SX?

This forum is a gathering of information about Tascam hardware. One of the issues of the MX2424 was it's use of scsi harddisks. These disks had heavy power needs. Wich could wear out the powersupply. Most MX2424 are now over 10 years old. It would be wize to give them some maintenance. Give them a SATA disk conversion and put some effort in the powersupply. (see the information on this forum).

where on the forum would I find the information on the power supply? the old tascam forum is no longer available and I can't find anything about the MX power supply or doing a SATA disk conversion on this forum...

there are scsi to sata convertors. Together with a sata (2,5 inch) it will fit in the bay. The powersupply should be checked. Scsi disks spin at a high rate and consume quite a bit maxing out the powersupply. New sata discs consume much less (even an ssd can be used).

I do not have further info on the power supply. But caps can be checked.

New threads

Members online