RC2424 does not work with MX2424

steampush

Gear owned
mx2424, mx2424, rc2424
Hi there,
I am a newbee on this Tascam Forum. I am a hobby musician and also have a small studio. I recently bought a second hand Tascam MX2424 and a Tascam RC2424. First everything worked fine but now de RC2424 does not communicate to the MX2424 anymore. Mostly alof the LED's are burning on the RC2424 panel but no keys are functioning or giving any commands to the MX2424. I would be very greatfull if someone could help me out. Am I doing something wrong? Is the unit defective? I am completely in de dark about this. Thanks for your response.
Greetz, simon

There is not much that can go wrong so it could just be defective.

However,
Check that the correct machine number is selected, the remote can run multiple machines.
Check the cable for breaks, also the pins for damage.

When it was working, did you reconnect, move the unit, plug into different power points, any changes to the setup? Before it stopped working?
There was an issue in the early production models regarding earthing between the remote and the MX causing problems, but if this one was working I don't think that will be the problem here.

Alan.

Thanks Alan,
I found that the separate power supply was fried. It gave a 12 volt dc current in stead of the 5 volts. So there was over voltage. With a new power supply everything works fine except the display. Only one side is working and it is very dim. Could it be that the over voltage killed the display?
Thanks for your replay.
Regards,
simon

glad you got it worked out, the dim display could be a dry solder joint, may be worth pulling it apart and giving it a touch with the soldering iron. Hopefully not killed by the voltage problem.

Cheers
Alan.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.