Recording music directly into DR40

salberts

Gear owned
Tascam DR40
First time poster.

I make a lot of music through looping pedals and send it into an amp. I used to record it with a microphone, but the mic would pick up the sounds of me pressing buttons, moving things, coughing, etc. Thus, I figured the DR40 would be an easy way to record without having to open my computer. However, when I send the signal from the looping pedal to the ext input, the level of the recording is too low. This is after I've already maxed out the the input level. Is there something else I can do to get a higher recorded level?

What kind of output does the looping pedal provide, and are you using the mic or line inputs?

I'm sending a single quarter inch out of the looper and I'm using the line input on the dr40

Sorry, I don't know what 'a single quarter inch' is.. Does it say Line Out, Phones Out or anything like that?

There is an "aux out" which is essentially a line out. Mono

That suggests line level indeed. If there's no way to increase the looper output I would suggest to use a DI between the two so you can use the mic input on the DR-40.

Shouldn't be necessary though with the DR-40 having the switchable input for line and mic..

New threads

Members online

No members online now.