Remote fader issue - violent destruction is imminent

kelvinrobbo

From
UK
Gear owned
DM4800, DA88 x2 ,
Hi....I have set up and used without issue the 'Remote faders/layer' to control Cubase 10 pro for a while now. Now....somehow the faders 1-8 are interfering with the adjacent ones and vice versa. ie channel one moves 9 and 17 or 3 moves 11 and19. I have checked the EXT.CTRL settings of the DM and all the Midi ins and outs in the software...Everything is the same as before.....I am ready to take a hammer to the desk...any advice....

Problem solved but i thought i would post the 'cure'. When i set up the remote control of Cubase 10...having selected the stienberg 24 option in the DMs remote menu the Cubase Studio 'set up' recognised this as a Mackie control.(studio set up-remote devices-mackie control ) ..i guess Stienberg took an existing set up that worked. In the Midi In box i had selected 'all midi in'...this worked fine....i have no idea why this stopped functioning years later...now i have changed the input in @mackie Control' to Didi Ins 5 6 and 7 to match the Outs...Hope this makes sense...message me if you reach boiling point!

Reactions: -mjk-
Thanks...you seem to know the desk...so i will ask you question before i create a new thread.

I am trying to control an external device (Roland VS2480). The track faders on this device responds to 'control change 35'. I cannot edit this within that device. If I am going to control the device I will need to send 35 from the DM4800.....However the '24 midi mixer' and '24 user defined' in the ' remote' control list do not allow this to be edited and then sent. The Dm stops at 31.......I can use the '16 midi faders' option but this limits the the Tascam to send only with the faders. Is there any solution?

Mm, I suggest you do make a new topic and also include the MIDI settings from the DM's MIDI pages. I suppose you are using the MIDI sockets on the DM, which I don't.. My only experience is remote control to and from Cubase - and that is well documented..

New threads

Members online