Remote for Daw Control Does not work

Mike Simms

Gear owned
DM 3200
Hello,
I have a Tascam DM 3200 that I have had for about 2 years. I have been using it as a Daw controller for Logic with no issues. The last time I turned it on, the Daw control does not work. I have replaced the Firewire and Usb cables, they both connect with no issue.
If I press the button for Tracks 1-16 - the buttons on the tracks lights up and the pans light up.
If I press the button for Tracks 17-32 the buttons on the tracks lights up and the pans light up.
If I press the button for Tracks 33-40 the buttons on the tracks lights up and the pans light up.
If I press the button for BUSS and AUX the buttons on the tracks lights up and the pans light up.
When I press the remote button, nothing happens. No lights, even when I have it connected to my MacBook.

I did open up the unit and reset it a few times. But it stil l is having the same issue.

Has anyone heard of this? I am very new to this but I just purchased a Tascam tr-8 and I wanted to work that into this board for recording and playback.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks!

Hiya, did u make sure u have the control surface setup done right? U may need to delete what’s there and recreate it. This pdf describes a Dm-3200 w out of date version of logic, but should be similar enough (edit: add the additional extender on port 7 if u use a Dm-4800)

https://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/34/dm3200_logic_v110.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Simms
For a DM3200 that would be Mackie Control for Port 6 and Port 5.

Thank you all for your help. I truly did not have the Mackie Control setup up correctly. Since reading the manual I have been able to setup my Tascam tsr-8, my adat Machine and live recording.
Thank you for your input and support. This is a great forum!!

New threads

Members online