Remote transport controls?

salty james

Gear owned
DM4800
When recording with headphones on and a guitar over your shoulder leaning over the mixer to go back and restart a take is a super PITA.

Is there a way to use some sort of remote to do this?
If there isn't what is everyone doing to mitigate this inconvenience?

Here is the Downloads page for the Model 24:

https://tascam.com/us/product/model_24/download#download_2

The word "footswitch" appears 30 times in the User Manual. The User Manual has all the information you need about using a footswitch, starting with the recommended model, the TASCAM RC-1F.

Thank you. I've read all that. I understand that the manual says the M16/24 will only do:
play / pause
punch in / punch out
fx mute

I was wondering if someone figured out a way to do play / pause AND punch in / out using a foot switche(s). That's why I asked about the Tascam RC-3F foot switch as it has a few more buttons.
FWIW, I've been using Tascam digital mixers for 20+ years and have done a ton of albums on them. I successfully synched two DM4800's and ran a massive system with them, and I found many operations that others were unaware of. Yeah, maybe I'm being a little lazy, but I now have a pile of kids to take care of and no time to suss this stuff out.

@salty james I'm familiar with you from the Tascam Forums. You have done some impressive things over the years. If you had said all of the above at the outset, I wouldn't have spent the time looking at the User Manual. I would have realized that you wanted someone to do the work for you.

Yeah, maybe I'm being a little lazy, but I now have a pile of kids to take care of and no time to suss this stuff out.

Got it.

New threads

Members online