Rerecording track to another channel Model 12

jazzmaster

Gear owned
Model 12
Hi there

I got a vocal take I was happy with but looking at the meter levels they are too low and I'm losing some presence and dynamics. I want to record/swap the track to another channel using more gain on the new channel rather than starting from scratch as I really like the take. Is this possible to do?
Thanks

You have to use patch cables.

You seem to be assuming that the lack of dynamics and presence are the result of low recording levels. You will find that making the track louder only, well, it only makes it louder, including what you don't like about it. Also on the Model series, in order to bounce tracks you have to go out and analog connector and go back in an analog connector so that just adds more noise to the track.

On the Model 12 ... try this:

1-make sure master tracks 11/12 are not holding any content you wish to keep. If not then proceed:

2-set all faders to zero except the good track you want to boost. Push this tracks fader up to close to max (watch meters)

3-Set button above fader switch to “post rec”

4 - hit record... ride the main fader up to provide additional gain. Keep eye on meter...ride the faders to keep things average 0 with peaks at +3 or +6. You can also use the main EQ section to further adjust EQ beyond the channel strip. Be very cautious of overdriving...you don’t want to overbokst and hit they hi

5- when finished, go to Menu >MTR>track edit > track swap and swap 11/12, which you just created, to an open stereo pair such as 9/10.

OR

export the master as a stereo mix ... and reimport this into a new song, again as a stereo pair.

Using this method you should be able to get a copy of your original with +6-10 dB more gain without leaving the digital realm. The only drawback is that you now have a stereo pair... using one track as mono will loose you -3dB

as MJ says, this may not actually fix your concerns ... but it should get you louder.

j

New threads

Members online