Soundaholic
From
Fremantle, Western Australia
Website
www.witzendstudios.com
Gear owned
M3700 MX2424 MSR16S
Hi All,

After using MX2424's for more years then I can remember, I bought my first one when they were released, I have finally retired them (I have 3).

The main reason is that my SCSI drives are becoming less reliable due to age, I own a lot, about 40 of them, but during sessions I have been getting media too slow messages more often. New drives are now expensive due to not being around anymore so time to move on. Reliability is important as I have client projects and I can afford to loose their work due to drive problems, I do back up a lot but things can still be lost during sessions. Due to the fact that my MX's have analog cards and ADAT cards they can be used as ADAT interfaces which is handy if needed, so maybe semi retired LOL.

What did I replace them with? A Presonus Quantum 4848 interface thunderbolted into a MAC mini M1 silicon, with a LaCie drive Raid. Funny thing is that this setup is about a 1/3rd of the price of 1 x MX with analog card when they were released and that's 1990's prices.

I still use my Tascam M3700 in the studio so 32 channels of monitoring during tracking is still happening, the way I like to work.

Anyway I have had almost 30 years of using MX's and that includes Beta testing software changes in the early days. I have copies of all manuals and documents and schematics. So I am still happy to answer any questions about the MX where I can and I'll still drop by for a read of the forum.

Cheers
Alan

Reactions: mixerizer and -mjk-
Hi Alan

What schematics do you have?
I still have two units and would like to have as much documentation as I can, just in case.
Thank you being a valuable resource for all of us all these years on this forum.

Warren

Reactions: carausius
Thanks again Alan
Very nice of you to take the time to help.

Warren

New threads

Members online

No members online now.