Rookie questions dp24sd

Neastguy

Gear owned
Tascam dp24sd
basically can I only apply eq once with the machine?.. either while recording or after the recording?
also.. can I apply just some reverb in my monitor mix that wont be recorded to the track.. but just there as ambiance during recording? thanks... I've made some simple tests.. a lot to grasp

only apply eq once
No
apply just some reverb in my monitor mix
Yes.

Look in the Production Tips sticky. Lot's of good ideas for using FX, EQ, the Stereo Bus during tracking and mixdown. Don't be afraid to try things.

{ps - good idea to make a new post - your first one really got hijacked.:oops: That doesn't usually happen here}

Last edited:
thanks .. I will check it out.. I'm watching Phil's vids but I'm still confused... starting to worry... on tutorial 5 send effects and I am lost.. not sure if I should start looking at the manual or just keep watching... just not wrapping my head around this yet :(

just not wrapping my head around this yet :(

Neastguy, just keep it simple until you get more comfortable.

Record all tracks dry (all Effects turned off; as a general rule, that's how the professionals do it)

When ready to mixdown,
*Enter Mixdown Mode.

*Open the Effects screen.

*Turn on Effects/[Chorus/Reverb/Delay]. Ignore the Effects/Guitar for now.

*Choose one of the three Effects, then one of the pre-sets for that Effect.

*For each Track you want to process through that Effect, in the Mixer Screen, turn the Track Send 1 Knob and the Track Master Send 1 Knob to 127 (the Master Send 1 Knob sets the same level for all Tracks).

*Set the Track "Off/Pre/Post" setting to Post.

In Mixdown Mode, the chosen Effect/[Chorus/Reverb/Delay] (wet signal) and the Track playback (dry signal) are sent to the Stereo Bus and thence to the recorder to create your stereo master.

There are several ways to adjust the blend level, but the easiest is to use the Effect's Return level control on the Effects Screen to adjust the overall level in the mix; or in the Mixer Screen, adjust the Track Send 1 Knob of an individual Track.

Doing the same in Multi-track Mode allows you to hear the Effect without recording it.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online