Routing optical and XLR in to surround speakers

DavidH

Gear owned
US-366
Hi, I have a US-366, and I'm attempting to configure the input and output for live audio. For the input, I have two microphones connected to the two XLR inputs and my Apple TV (3rd gen.) connected to the Toslink in. I have the US-366 connected to my Onkyo receiver (HT-R380) via Toslink out. The receiver powers a 5.1 speaker configuration.
What I'm attempting to do is to route the audio from the microphones to the center speaker/channel and route the audio from the Apple TV to the side speakers and subwoofer. In the TASCAM mixer panel, I can see the separate signals from the mics and Apple TV, and the receiver is getting a digital signal, so it seems to me that I have the hardware needed to do this. I am new to digital audio and audio interfaces, and I haven't been able to get the software to do this monitoring/routing.
I have the US-366 (firmware v. 1.02) connected to my MacBook Pro running OS X 10.8.5 and US-366 driver version 1.02. I've been attempting to use the included Cubase LE 6.0.7, but I'm willing to get and try other software. I am aware that this is not a traditional use of TASCAM's USB audio interfaces, but I'm hoping that someone on this forum can point me in the right direction.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.