SD card error

Gabriel Teran

Gear owned
Tascam model 16
Hi guys , I bought a model 16 a month ago and worked great until today. Every SD card that was working on the last month, today none of them worked. I have a “MBR error init card” message and then “invalid card change card”.

I try 6 different cards none of them work any more. They did before for a month.
Any ideas

Last edited:
The mixer thinks the master boot record (MBR) on your SD card is corrupted.

This usually happens if the SD card is not TASCAM tested/aproved; and/or if the SD card was not formatted by the mixer; and/or if the firmware isn't up to date.

Write protect the card, see if your computer will read it, and if it does back up the songs.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark. I was just doing that. My computer can read it . I’m backing up files now. But the issue also is that I tried another 4 cards and they say the same. The cards are the one recommended by tascam. After backing up first card I’ll re-format it on the computer first because I can’t on the board.

thanks

Hybridly Rude

Hey there. I have this exact issue. I spoke with Tascam support and they told me, without any troubleshooting, to just send it in for repair. That seems crazy. The board works fine, but it won't read any cards.

I had the card in it last night. I took it out to get files off of it on the computer. Now that I did that, I put the card back in, and get the same error - invalid card. replace card". The card works in a pc and on a Mac. But not in the Model 24. I have tried two other cards - one a 2gb, another 128gb. neither work and I get the same error.

Did you manage to get a fix in place? Dying here as I need to record a session tonight and am currently dead in the water.

Make sure your unit's FW is up to date. I would copy the data to the PC and format the card in the PC, including using a 3rd party app for formatting if the console still cannot read the card. Once it recognizes that there is a card in the slot, immediately format it in the console. Then you should be able to copy the data back and use it.

New threads

Members online