Sd card memory

Wayne Tadman

Gear owned
Dp03sd
Can anyone tell me why my sd card runs out of memory when I'm only recording over an existing track.
The memory ran out so I deleted two songs with about four tracks on each. This gave me 64mins of memory.
I've recorded another short song, using four tracks.
This morning I wanted to re-record over a track on another song. After about 15mins of recording over the same track the merory ran out. Surely I'm not adding more info to the card if i just keep recording over the same track.
Any help would be much appreciated

Just turned 8 track back and it now tell me I have 25mins remain time?

I don't know the DP03, but in general I would say there is no 'recording over' in the digital world - assuming there is an Undo function. With tape, yes, the previous data is gone, but with digital it remains to make undo possible. Try erasing the previous tracks first and you should see a difference in remaining time..

Arjan P thank you could be I have a ton of stuff on the sd card that's no use then

The Portastudio machines have a menu option to Delete Unused. That removes all those leftover files from the SD card.

Reactions: Wayne Tadman
Are you saving your work to backup? I think this will fill up the SD card behind the scenes, even if the songs aren't visible on your list.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.