SD cards on the DP32SD

Will1875

Gear owned
DP - 32SD
Hi,

My name is Will and I recently bought a Tascam DP32SD digital recorder. The issue I'm having now is with the sd cards. For one thing I also have an 8 track recorder from tascam and I recorded a few things on it. Then I popped it into the 32 sd's slot and it was unable to read it. It gave me some kind of error message I can't remember the exact words. I also put the card in my laptop and it seemed to find it empty. Any thoughts on why this would be the case?

The next thing is that I put a new (as far as I know unformatted and never previously used) sd card into the DP32SD and it gave me some kind of error message so I tried to format it. I chose the full format option and it seemed to do that. It didn't take hours or anything (as one video I watched said a full format takes) just a brief matter of seconds. Then after it said it was done I tried to create a new song on it and it said "Error Card Full" or something to that effect. Why would it say an empty card was full?

All this is quite confusing for me - in general this is the first time Ive used sd cards but I do remember that floppy discs and cd's had to be formatted back in the day. anyway anything anybody can do to clarify this would be a big help.

Thanks a lot!

Will

The first thing is, song projects are not compatible across recorder types. If you want to put song projects from one machine into another machine, you have to export the audio files from the 1st and import them to the second.

No one can tell what is going on with "some kind of error message". You need to specifically state what the machine is displaying.

Please read this topic: DP-24/32/SD New Members: Please Read This First | TASCAM Forums

Make sure you are upgraded to the latest version firmware and are using a Tascam approved SD card for the DP-24.

Hey thanks a lot. Sorry for the vagueness I'm gonna try it again and make note of the error messages. So it sounds like I'd have to access the card in the 8 track somehow and import them on to the DP 32. I wonder how I'd find the cards compatible with the DP 32?

Yes, you can't put the SD card directly into the DP-24 and expect to have access to the song project from another type machine. But, you can export the audio files on the 8 track to the SD card, and then import those tracks into the DP-24 from the SD card.

The card will physically fit but you should check to see if it's on the approved list. If not, you'll have to copy the files to an approved card and import from that.

Hi - actually I didnt even realize it was only an adaptor I'd put into the recorder. I went to a music store and they told me I have to put the little micro usb card in so I did and it formatted fine. Shows you how new I am to SD cards.

:)

That must have been embarrassing!... but kudos for the 'confession' - I'm sure you're not the only one to have done this. As they say, we learn by our mistakes :)
Good luck with transferring your tracks across.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online