Selling a very nice condition 2424

Bob Harper

Hi-

I'll soon be listing what was my second MX-2424 on Ebay or elsewhere but
wanted to at least let anyone know about it, on this thread first, just in case a fellow Tascam fan
may be in the market for a "nice" one.

I bought my first one "new" years ago, along with a Panasonic DA-7 mixing desk and both performed just about flawlessly for years and years through literally hundreds of commercial productions.

Less than a year before I switched to DAW, that MX finally bit the dust and of course, right in the middle of a multi-ad project with deadlines! Things could have been fixed for sure on it but I just didn't have the time. I think I sold it for parts eventually.

I literally scoured the internet for hours looking for a decent-conditioned replacement. Out of nowhere, I stumbled upon an extremely obscure newspaper ad, or the like, somewhere in the Midwest. Can't recall where exactly.

Turns out, a church bought one "new" but their "sound guy" just couldn't "figure it out" and ultimately tried it once or twice and gave up. In other words, next to new, so I bought it in a heartbeat!

I honestly can't tell you how many hours I put on it personally, but it can't be many because it wasn't long thereafter I went to DAW. (I know it was less than a year, if that) It has literally sat in a rack and only used to transfer old tracks from the DVD RAMS I wanted to keep.

It has the TDIF cards and the DVD-Ram player. Both the internal and DVD Ram drives mount and unmount just fine, everything lights up, transport's fine etc. and all seems to be working as one would expect.

In order to get it out of the not-used-gear rack it's in, I have to disconnect and move some monitors and other things, so I've kinda been putting off selling it.

However, if someone here is definitely interested, I'll get it out, clean it up a bit and take some photos and answer any questions the best I can. (Have to do it eventually anyway)

Because of it's condition and limited usage, I'd be listing it on Ebay for $625 or more, plus shipping. Instead of giving Ebay $80+ bucks, I'd sell it to someone here for $500 flat, plus shipping from Florida. (BTW...If PayPal, I'd have to mark it up to cover their fees so I "clear" the 500.) I'd also enclose whatever manuals I have. BTW, I have a 100% rating on Ebay across 171 transactions. In other words, I don't sell junk.

If of interest, let me know. I'll wait a couple weeks here and if of no interest, resort to the Ebay march.

All for now, Bob

Last edited:
Reactions: mixerizer

New threads

Members online