Series 208i - Mono track from PC is panned to single side in headphones

Mikkel

Gear owned
Series 208i
Hi

I just bought a Series 208i and want to use it to run (backing) click-tracks from Ableton Live 11. I have the challenge that the mono tracks is panned to only one side in the headphones outputs and I want the tracks in both. Can anyone assist?

Best regards

Mikkel

Are you listening to the mono track played from your PC (by clicking the file to play via Media Player)? Or have you loaded it into Ableton Live and playing it back as a track there?

I'm just guessing... if you're playing it back from Ableton, maybe the track is panned 100% to one side. Does the file play in both Left and Right through speakers and other playback devices? Do you get Left and Right in your headphones when playing other files?

I have loaded it into Ableton Live and is listening to it with the headphones plugged into the headphones-out in the Series 208i.

In other Words, it seems like the Tascam do not have the option in the software of indicating ”mono” or ”stereo” to a specific input and it will therefore send a track in mono to only one side.

Does it make sense?

It does. My US-2x2 has mono/stereo selections but I don't believe that affects the left/right. The simplest thing to check would be Ableton's panning - just to verify nothing has been panned to one side. Just starting with the basics.

Do other files loaded into Ableton play back in both ears?

Hi Spantini

Thank you for your reply.

Ableton's panning is set to "C" (center) on all tracks. And yes, the stereo tracks (tracks in stereo) goes to both ears.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.