Setting up the DM24

Laurence

Gear owned
Tascam DM24 and MX2424
Hi Folks. I just bought a used DM24 with a Mx2424. I have them connected thru the TDIF cables. I can get signal to the MX2424 but don't now how to get recorded sound back to the Dm24. Im an old school analog I/O user and was thinking that the DM24 can work the same way. Hit a switch and the 1st 16 channels now become the returns to monitor back what I just recorded. Im probably ADHD or another acronym thing when it comes to reading manuals. After awhile the words just bounce back at me like jiberish. So I guess Im asking, how do I monitor sound coming back into the Dm24 from the MX2424 or anything else for that matter?

[HELLO IM SOMEWHERE WHERE I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM]o_O

Hi Folks. I just bought a used DM24 with a Mx2424. I have them connected thru the TDIF cables. I can get signal to the MX2424 but don't now how to get recorded sound back to the Dm24. Im an old school analog I/O user and was thinking that the DM24 can work the same way. Hit a switch and the 1st 16 channels now become the returns to monitor back what I just recorded. Im probably ADHD or another acronym thing when it comes to reading manuals. After awhile the words just bounce back at me like jiberish. So I guess Im asking, how do I monitor sound coming back into the Dm24 from the MX2424 or anything else for that matter?

Hello and welcome to our Forum, Laurence! You chose a great combination of mixing and recording equipment, for sure! Since the DM24 and MX2424 can be really daunting to the un-initiated, you may want to take an opportunity to peruse the wealth of resources both on the Documentation & Manuals thread and Tascam's site at your earliest convenience.

I think the quickest answer to your question of routing recorded audio back to the DM24 will be found in this document, located at Tascam's website: http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/299/DM-24_qs.pdf

This guide walks you through the apporiate settings on the DM24 for playback of MX2424 material. Now, on the MX2424, I'm pretty sure that the 24 outputs are always available on all TDIF , (I think you have to choose between AES EBU & SPDIF, however) and analog channels if you have an AN24 card, so my guess is that you have a routing issue on the DM24 side of things. Please take a look at the quick start guide and work through the screenshots they have in there and let us know how it goes. It shouldn't take you too long to work through those connection points and settings between your DM & MX equipment!

Thank you so much. The quick start guide made it clear. I must have skipped it on the download site a few days ago while searching. Lucky for me now I don't have to ask my wife to figure it out lol. Love this site and its knowledge base of users. Will be back no doubt.;)

No prob. I'm glad it help you out. Happy mixing, Laurence!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.