Simultaenous Multi-track recording into Ableton (Model 12)

klepanne

Gear owned
Model 12
Hello, new to the forums and tascam gear in general. My apologies if this has been posted - I did my best searching the forums.

Gear used: ASR-10 w/ 8-out expander, Tascam Model 12, PC w/ Ableton Live Suit 10
What im attempting to do: Simultaneously record multiple tracks into Ableton for further editing/mxing.
Issue: When I hit play on the ASR-10, VISUAL signal comes through on all corresponding channels in ableton HOWEVER i am only getting audible sound from channel 1-2. (I can only hear drums on 1-2 but not the samples/bass on 3,4,5)

After I record semi-blindly, I then flip the corresponding switches back to PC mode for ableton playback- and ALL channels are audible. :confused:

To my limited knowledge, and countless youtube/forum searches I learned that audio is played back by default on 1-2. Ive seen a video of someone re-routing the daw outs to a different channel on the Model 16 and figured itd work on the 12. It did not. Perhaps this is not possible on the model 12, if so - is there a work around?

I was pretty hype when I did a test recording with a stereo mix on 1-2. I assumed it'd work on the remaining channels so that I can track everything out at once then use the asr-10 to trigger Live's virtual instruments for further arrangement, so on and so forth.... but damn, I suppose it was good to be true!

My guess is that I'd have to record to SD then drag files... but by doing it that way the eq/comp settings will not transfer individually as it did when I recorded directly into live. :(

Thanks in advance,
Ken

Last edited:

New threads

Members online