Some Equipment help?

Jerseymont

Gear owned
Model 12
I just got a Model 12 (so nice!) and plan to use this for recording and some live shows (all of this is very amateur stuff). On a pretty tight budget as this is really just a hobby. Looking for advice on headphones (wireless?) and a power amp to buy.

Really budget headphone: Sony Mdr-Zx110 (10 Eur on A.). Light, small, foldable, very good response for the price, short cable, 3.5 mm angled plug with no 6.3 mm adapter, not very loud (98 db/mW), 24 Ohm.
Not so budget headphone: Sony MDR-7506 (95-100 Eur). A classic, foldable, loud, extended frequency response with a little hump at the extremes, long coiled cable.
Or pick the Sennheiser HD280 Pro: plastic fantastic, bulky, extended frequency range, loud (113 dB), 64 Ohm, long coiled cable.
What kind of amp are you looking for? For headphones I have a cheap Mackie HM-4 that can drive 4 h.p. at a barely decent level, you can buy a Behringer clone for even less.

Thanks! I was looking at the Sony ones. The amp I’m thinking of would power a couple pa speakers (200w or so). The speakers I have now are from an old Fender 4 channel pa (the Passport is the name I think). We were looking to upgrade that when we found the model 12. I figured we could run the main out to the power amp. Will that work?

It will work, the Main mix output is +4 dB balanced so it should drive any pro equipment.
I see Thomann has various power amp models from the t.amp brand in the 200 Eur range, worth a look.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.