Peter Batah

Soundaholic
From
Montreal, Canada
Website
www.cafejoya.com
Gear owned
DM4800 / MU1000
As some of you already know I recently purchased Steinberg Cubase 11 Pro. Actually, I received the retail boxed version on Thursday February 25, 2021.

As luck would have it, I have been unable to activate the product online as the Steinberg license server has been down for close to three days. Fortunately, I do not operate a business that is solely dependent on it. This is for personal use. However, it is still very frustrating. They do not give the product away and I am surprised to say the least that such an established entity could let this go for this long. I am actually thinking of returning the product and choosing another DAW. I know that this probably sounds like a knee jerk reaction. Just me venting!

Have yourselves a safe and wonderful weekend.

Peter

Established entities can also be the victim of malignent others, so it's not necessarily a fault on Steinberg's part - we simply cannot tell. OTOH, once your license is activated, that server could be out for months without you noticing it - the timing is simply a bad coincidence for you. BTW, I wouldn't select a DAW on the basis of their server presence at any time...

@Arjan P Of course, once I get beyond this hurdle it we all be ancient history. The timing is really odd that's all. Almost laughable. No Biggie

Reactions: Arjan P
(whispering) "Reaper".

lol

Reactions: Logrinn
@-mjk- License activated. All is good now. TY

Reactions: -mjk- and Arjan P
For the life of me I cannot remember how to get the Timecode displayed on the Dm meter bridge. Back to the drawing board! Will start new thread in general forum.

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online