Sticking Control Buttons

debradwc

Gear owned
Tascam 2488
Stop, FFwd, Stop, etc - buttons are sticking. Hard to press. Can this be repaired?

I'm wondering if a little electrical contact cleaner applied carefully might help?

Doxit

The cleaners mentioned will help but only temporarily. For a permanent fix the buttons need to be replaced.

DeOxit....Does more than temporarily fix. Replaced if damaged....

So this will work on my Select button that has stopped working? Do I just apply from the outside or do I need to go inside?

You can apply outside and work it in before powering back on

Pinch the ends of the red straw from the De Oxit can, to fit under the buttons. I use a jeweler's small screwdriver to make it fit better. Squirt a little below and on the side of a sticky button. Work the button a dozen times or so, after spraying. Works every time for me. Have a paper towel or clean rag handy, as some will get on the surface.

Reactions: -mjk-
I have a Tascam dp32 SD. Can the buttons be removed and cleaned? Is Doxit the best? Thank you in advance

@Rudy Sullivan if you can open the unit and spray the controls directly, that is of course, better. But some (including me) have sprayed buttons and controls from the top surface with good results. Deoxit is one of the best for sure.

Reactions: Rudy Sullivan

New threads

Members online