shredd

Soundaholic
From
7 miles west of the Middle Of Nowhere
Website
www.soundclick.com
Gear owned
2488's, DP-32 & -008(ex)
This is a pretty common affliction of various Tascam units.

I personally own a mint-condition O.G. DP-32 and a nearly-mint condition 2488neo.
After 10-15 years (depending on which unit) of flawless performance, both have a button or two that has gotten a little temperamental (meaning that they don't always smoothly/reliably perform their action when pushed).
On my beloved 2488neo (now nearly 20 years old!!) - it's the [PLAY] button...which, of course, has probably been pushed 10.000 times in its' lifetime.

Lately - I mean literally as of this week - on my DP-32, it's the [TRACK EDIT] button, which I use a LOT.
I'd inquired of the forum as to sensible/appropriate use of DeOxit, which (when you search the forum) some say is a godsend/solved all their problems, and others say is not effective. I imagine it'd work great - IF you can get the stuff under the plastic button to the actual switch contact.

The current news is that I used my computer-grade compressed air to go all around the edge of the little plastic button...& it seems to have reached the microswitch below, because the button is now reliably (if not perfectly) performing its' function of opening up the screen's [EDIT] menu.
I wouldn't say "problem solved"...but at least I'm up 'n running again...

Reactions: dctdct

New threads

Members online

No members online now.