Submix, how does it work?

Gamecat

Gear owned
Model 12
Hi all,

Pretty new to the Model 12.

I have a number of synth sources going into the M12. One of them is a Deluge which is a synth/sequencer. The deluge has a line in so I planned to have a dawless setup using the deluge's input as a sample source using the submix out from the T12 to stop feedback loop.

So the chain would be:
Ext synth>T12 7/8 Stereo>Submix Out Stereo>Deluge>Line Out Stereo>T12 9/10Stereo> Main Bus>Monitors (Main Out).

The idea is that I can hear the Deluge but only submix channels are sent to the deluge to stop feedback loop.

Thing is the submix seems to send the main mix out to the Deluge as well. I'm assuming I've mis-interpreted what the Submix does. I thought it was a seperate output for channels that are assigned to it ignoring any other channels sent to Main so I get only the synths that I want passing through to the deluge.

Where am I going wrong. Any help appreciated!!!

So the chain would be:
Ext synth>T12 7/8 Stereo>Submix Out Stereo>Deluge>Line Out Stereo>T12 9/10Stereo> Main Bus>Monitors (Main Out).

Don't own one of these Models, but tracing the Submix L/R circuit in the Block Diagram I see that it folds back into the MAIN L/R circuit before going to the Subout jacks, with a switch to engage or disengage the foldback. Can't help beyond that, but maybe it will help get you pointed in the right direction.

Last edited:
Thanks. I did check the block diagram and the submix only returns to the main mix via the Main Mix assigned button next to the sub fader or if the main button is down on the channel itself. I can't see any flow where the main mix is routed through the submix. The only way you hear the submix on the main mix is if this button is down or the channel main butt9n and sub are down. I would have assumed any channel assigned to main mix only would not route through the sub. It's totally stumped me why I can hear channels assigned only to main mix in the submix.

Last edited:
I had question related to this. When recording a track, I usually have it assigned to Sub only, and listen back using PA speakers connected to the Sub output jacks. Then I noticed the Main switch next to the Sub fader and thought yes, it would be cool to quickly switch to my monitor speakers connected to the Main output jacks. But when I press the Main switch, nothing happens, sound only continues to come out of the Sub speakers. If I press the Main switch on the individual tracks, it works fine. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.