Suggested media for CDRW788 drive?

Jimnield

Gear owned
144 porta 05 788
I am a tech dinosaur, sorry. I like using my 788 and for years have wanted to get a compatible cd drive for it. I have just acquired this tascam cd drive which seems to be the same guts as the Tascam CD-W512S. The manual says to only use teac blank discs; hmm, not many of those about. Any suggestions for discs that will work okay and are available greatly appreciated, especially if you have used them yourself. I'm thinking slow speed re-write, ideally 1-4x, max speed 10x.

I always used Taiyo Yuden brand CD media, they had the best rep for errorless burns. The last type I had was made by JVC, but I have no idea if they're still around..

Reactions: -mjk- and Jimnield
Many thanks, I will look into that. Was it a particular speed or format, or were any discs of that make okay?

Well they had the reputation for a long time, so the media they made went along with the market. I mean, in the early 2000s maybe the highest burn speed was 8x while years later that went up to 24x or even 48x. Again, I'm working from memory here and I haven't bought CD-media for a very long time.

Reactions: -mjk-
Thanks a lot, I have a few discs ordered and will report results for the benefit of anyone else who wants this info.

Reactions: Arjan P
So far I have sourced Phillips and TDK 4x - 12x cdrws and they work fine although I cannot finalize them. This is not a problem since I can probably copy them to cdr. Slow speed cdrs would be ideal but I cannot find any at present.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.