SX1 and MX2424 help

Kev4374

Gear owned
Sx1
I have searched both this forum and our old one, and found a couple of the old threads on this. I remember seeing one that explained, in detail, almost a tutorial like procedure in connecting the SX1 and the MX2424 via ADAT. I can't seem to find that one, and I am having some issues. I can't seem to get the correct settings. I don't know if I am missing something on the SX1 side or the MX side. Does anyone have this working, or have that thread bookmarked? I am not trying to get all 24 tracks working, all I need right now is an additional 8. So I am just going to start by using 1 ADAT channel.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Kevin

Can you give a bit more information, I don't have a SX1, but we do sometimes use or MX2424 with the adats via a lightpipe unit to firewire, so I may be able to help there?

Does the MX you have only have adat cards or are there other cards fitted?

Alan.

Hey Alan. Thanks for the reply. My MX has more than just the adat card installed. I was however, able to get signal routed to the MX from my SX 1. It took some time, but I was able to get her fired up and breathing life again. Freaking cool. My main problem was navigating the menu's from the MX, and getting everything lined up properly. I am not sure I have everything perfect, but I have signal coming and going, so now I can start my fine tuning.

I was wondering if it was just an input and output problem in the menu, I can't remember if you need to also have the work clock connected and slave the SX1 to the MX? We had a few glitch problems with the lightpipe (M-Audio Lightbridge) and so connected the work clock cable, the problem went away but I am not sure if it was needed or the problem went away on it's own LOL.

Alan.

I am still having word clock issues. I use a big ben, and I am having a problem finding the correct settings to sync to an external clock. So far I have just ran some test passes. I still need to try some real tracking where the syncing will be critical. Maybe its just me, or maybe I haven't printed off the correct one, but the manual for the the MX is much less detailed than other Tascam products. I find myself having to do way more trial and error with this piece of gear than I am used to.

We usually use the mx as the clock source for everything else, but there is a clock source setup page 50 of the tutorial. By the way the tutorial is far better then the operation manual if you have not downloaded it.

Cheers
Alan.

I don't think I have looked at that yet. Thanks for the heads up. I will check it out. I really want to get familiar with it, as I can see this being very helpful.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.