Tascam 133 blinking record button

RobW

Folks, I have a Tascam 133 that only blinks the record button when turned on. It won't do anything else no matter what buttons are pushed. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
It was working previously. I thought it may be something with the board behind the main buttons (play, record, etc.) But I disassembled and it looked ok. I don't know if it got into the record mode somehow that I don't know how to get it out of. Some combination of button pushes? Or maybe a faulty component?

First this is a solenoid operated deck and also the power supply caps might be done. You need to measure all voltages from the supply and then look for stuck keys. The Keyboard when unplugged and the deck powered on would tell you if the keys are stuck. Tactile switches are not usually a thing that sticks but they can become defective contact wise. Looking at something doe snot do any good as viewing a shorted cap or a defective IC tells you nothing. Look also for foreign material that could be triggering a switch contact that is not really being pressed. The different things I have found in decks can be pennies to paperclips and all are conductive. Some service shop leave screw floating in a unit from incompetent work. Otherwise to find out why it is doing this will take a Technician to look at it.

Hi. Did you get it fixed? I had a perfectly working 133, and I was fiddling around by the remote control pcb and did something and now it's blinking red and unresponsive. The transport will click once in a while but nothing. If you got it repaired maybe you could let me know what was the issue. Thanks.

New threads

Members online